Research Supervision of PhD and MPhil Dissertations
• PhD graduate Ewan MacDonald – was an IRC fully funded postgraduate research fellow – his thesis was an examination of Irish budget speeches 1970-2015.
• PhD student Ciara Gilmartin – IRC funded research fellow – her thesis is an examination of corporate lobbying and public health advocacy in the context of the Public Health (Alcohol) Act 2018
• PhD student Albert Veksler – lobbying regulation policy
If you are interested in undertaking MA or PhD research in policy or comparative public policy please contact me at email@example.com
I have also worked with a number of undergraduate students to help them present their final year research at national and international conferences, as well as assisting them to publish in international political science journals.
Here are links to a selection of the articles that they have published:
• International Political Economy http://www.lttc.ie/coursewise/module/415/
• Irish Business and Scoeity http://www.lttc.ie/coursewise/module/2544/
• Irish Politics http://www.lttc.ie/coursewise/module/5183/
• With full responsibility for syllabus development and implementation and for all aspects of course and student management. As well as accompanying students on field trips to places of significant political importance, such as the Stormont Parliament Buildings in Northern Ireland. I also deliver guest lecturers to other postgraduate courses in the DIT, such as the MA in Public Relations and Political Communications.
• Teaching Excellence Award nominee 2012, Dublin Institute of Technology